Business Continuity Consulting
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) Planning is not just an IT issue, it is a business problem and that’s where the planning needs to begin. Our Business Continuity Consultants assist our clients in determining the business objectives prior to any discussion on technology solutions. We assist our client in determining:
- How to justify a Business Continuity Planning (BCP) initiative; life and safety considerations, is it an audit / legal / regulatory requirement, a prudent preventative measure, presents a business advantage or have you already experienced a disaster?
- What constitutes a disaster for your organization?
- What are the potential short and long term impacts to your organization, including health and safety, legal / regulatory, financial, operational, reputation?
- Recovery Time Objective (RTO): How long can your business withstand the loss of various services?
- Recovery Point Objective (RPO): How current must your recovered information and data be?
- What risks does your organization face in terms of natural, man-made, or technical disasters?
Once we have identified these and other business requirements we move to the analysis phase to determine:
- Single Points of Failure (SPoF)
- Risk vs. Impact
- Voice and Data Infrastructure
- Data Centre Infrastructure
- Power and Backup Systems
- Suppliers and Partners
- Environmental and Geographical
- Technology Infrastructure
- Suppliers and Service Providers
Once the analysis is completed we work with your business leaders to create the Business Continuity Plan and the Disaster Recovery Plan. Considerations include:
- SPoF Remediation
- Risk Mitigation vs. Cost
- Declaration of Disaster Parameters
- Recovery Alternatives
- Communications Plan
- Crisis Management Plan
- Emergency Response Plan
- Disaster Recovery Testing and Validation
Based in Toronto, Ontario, our Business Continuity Consultants and Disaster Recovery Consultants provide consulting services on all of the related business, people, process and technology aspects for our clients across Canada, the United States and around the world. Our clients include organizations of all sizes from large Fortune 500 to small companies with less than fifty employees.
All of our Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery consultants are recognized industry veterans that have been working in the industry for more than 20 years. They have a solid and verifiable record of assisting organizations of all sizes with BCP and DRP initiatives. Their clients span across all industry verticals and geographies.
Our consultants are continuously supplementing their practical experience with formal training. The following lists some of our consultant certifications and designations:
- Certified Business Continuity Professional CBCP
- ITIL v3 Foundations and IT Change Manager Practitioner
- Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII) and Disaster Recovery Institute of Canada (DRI-Canada) Qualified instructor
- Fellow Business Continuity Institute FBCI
- Certified Business Resiliency Manager, BRCCI CBRM
- Certified Trainer for BCI GPG 2010, GPG 2013
- Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer
- Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor
- Certified Business Architect
- TOGAF 8 Certified
- ITIL Foundations Certified
- Project Management Professional PMP
- Master Recovery Planner MRP
- Government of Canada Secret Level II Security Clearance
By actively contributing to the industry through teaching, speaking engagements, and authoring publications related to Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery our BCP & DR consultants add value beyond that which they bring to specific consulting engagements. They are present or past members of several professional organizations including:
- Business Continuity Institute of Canada BCI – Canada
- Disaster Recovery Institute International DRII
- Disaster Recovery Institute Canada DRI – Canada
- Disaster Recovery Information Exchange DRIE
- Project Management Institute PMI
- Canadian Telecommunications Consultant Association CTCA
- Community of Telecommunications Consultants CTC